|Forum Home > Holiday Quick Tips > Gift wrap alternatives|
No time for wrapping paper, tape, bows, and tags this year? Make the container for your gifts just as fun and attractive to keep as the gift inside:
• Purchase plain brown or white paper bags with carry handles at your local craft store, along with sparkle, stickers, colored markers, and other goodies. Have your children decorate gift bags for the holidays, and use tissue paper to protect the presents inside. Have the kids incorporate the recipient's name into their bag design, or use sticky labels (as for file folders or address labels) to mark each bag.
• Purchase festive gift bags and coordinating tissue paper at your local dollar store, and package your holiday gifts faster than you ever thought possible. Use sticky labels to mark each present with the name of the receiver.
• Back at the dollar store, look for decorative tins and cardboard boxes in various sizes - no need to wrap what already looks holiday festive!
• Purchase remnant fabric in various sizes and holiday patterns at your local sewing store. Place gifts in the center of the fabric, and gather the fabric sack-style with a ribbon or bow to hold it in place. Quick and easy wrapping.
• Skip wrapping altogether and decorate the gift with a bow or ribbon.
• Gift boxes and bags are containers. Instead of buying or creating a container for each gift, give gifts that are already containers, adding a ribbon or bow for the holidays: serving dish, flower vase, plant pot, toy box, jewelry case, photo album, scrap book, toolbox, tackle box, and so much more.
Share your alternative gift wrapping ideas here.